Prospective students are considered for acceptance at St. John the Evangelist School based on the following priorities:
- Children of parishioners who already have children enrolled in the school.
- Children entering kindergarten who have children enrolled in the school.
- Children of parishioners who are entering kindergarten.
- Transferring Catholic students, currently attending another parochial school who become members of SJE parish.
- Catholics who are members of other parishes
- Non-Catholic families
These priorities are guidelines only. The Pastor and Principal have discretionary authority over the application of these guidelines. A student shall be admitted if he/she has a reasonable hope of successfully completing the academic program at St. John the Evangelist School. Students will be admitted on a probationary basis, for the duration of 1 trimester, at which time an assessment will be made as to their academic/behavioral progress.
Students entering Kindergarten must be 5 years old on, or before, September 1. Student transfers into Grades 7-8 will only be considered for students transferring from another Catholic school to St. John the Evangelist School.
Please stop by the school office located at 5701 Locust Avenue, Carmichael, to pick up an Admission Application Packet, or call 916-481-8845 and one will be mailed to you.