34th Annual Holiday Show Of Hands
- Unique gifts and decorator items
- Quality handcrafted merchandise
- Antiques and collectibles
* OVER 150 VENDORS *
(See Sample Items Below)
SJE Craft Fair
Featuring our popular Silent Auction
St. John’s Parish Hall, Tralee Center, Gym, & Classrooms
5701 Locus Avenue
Carmichael (Sacramento Area) Google Map
Craft Fair Weekend
Craft Fair Show Hours
- Early Bird sale, Friday night
November 30th, 5:00-9:00 p.m.
$3.00 at door
- Saturday, December 1st
9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.,
- Sunday, December 2nd
9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.,
Lasagna dinner will be served on Friday night, 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Menu: lasagna, french bread, salad, dessert, coffee
Food and beverages available for reasonable prices.
Visit our Antiques Cottage & New Fashion Pavilion
- Hot Lunch
- Refreshments For Sale
- Espresso Bar
- Irish Coffee & Wine
- Religious Goods Store in Church open Saturday
- Free Parking & Free Admission
- Shuttle Service Between SJE & Elks Club
- Pictures with Santa (Saturday and Sunday, 11-2)
- Baby strollers not recommended
Most of all, we need you. To make this weekend a success, we need the support of each school family. So please bring a friend and come to the Craft Fair! The Craft Fair is a super place to Christmas shop or to find gifts for those many special occasions throughout the year. Thank you for your co-operation and support.
SET-UP...THURSDAY AT 6:00 P.M. Come Help!
Clean-up...Sunday at 4:00 p.m. a large crew is needed!
Note: Our Craft Fair will be held in both the Parish Hall, Tralee Center and the Old Gym, Library, TK-8 Classrooms, Extension Room, and the Antique Cottage in the former Convent.
|American Folk Art & Antiques||Jams & Jellies and Candies & Nuts|
|Angel & Santa Collectibles||Jewelry (many styles)|
|Applique & Aprons||Kettle Korn|
|Baby Gifts, Clothes & Blankets||Lamps & Lamp Shades|
|Baker's Clay, Bread Dough, & Bisque||Lined Designer Baskets|
|Beanie Baby Sleeping Bags||Live Topiary Plants|
|Birdhouses, Benches & Bronze Sculptures||Packaged Seasoning Mixes|
|Candles & Fountains||Painted Items & Primitive Art|
|Cart Liners & Chalkware||Personalized Gifts For All Ages|
|Ceramics & Mosaics||Pet Signs & Pet Accessories|
|Christmas Décor, Ornaments & Stockings||Pillows, Pillow Quilts, & Pillow Covers|
|Copper & Metal Art||Placemats & Table Runners & Pot Holders|
|Cottage & Shabby Chic Collections||Pottery, Stoneware, Porcelain, & Glass|
|Crystal Suncatchers||Purses & Totes|
|Decorative Glass & Dish Soap Bottles||Quilted Items & Soft Sculpture|
|Dolls (Original Designs)||Silk Flowers, Swags, and Sprays|
|Doorharps & Door Chimes||Soap & Bath and Body Care Items|
|Elves, Snowmen, Reindeer, & Moose||Spice Trivets|
|Embossing Templataes & Card Supplies||Stainless Hitch Covers|
|Fiber Art & Tatting||Stocking Stuffers|
|Flannel PJs and Boxers||Stained Glass Lamps, Clocks & Gifts|
|Floral arrangements & Framed Prints||Sweets & Treats & Truffles|
|Golf Markers & Gift Baskets||Tablecloths & Napkins|
|Gourmet Foods & Greek Pastries||Teacher Gifts & Tole Painting|
|Handbags, Scarves & Hats||Victorian Decorations|
|Handmade Bears, Bunnies, Cats, & Mice||Vinegars & Honey (many varieties)|
|Hand Painted Gourds & Wood||Vintage Silverware & Collectibles|
|Hand Sewn Clothing||Wearable Art & Accessories|
|Hand Stitched Cards||Wine Bottle Cheese Boards & Wine Stoppers|
|Home & Garden Stone Animals||Wooden Items (Many Designs)|
|Home Décor, Mirrors, & Shelves||Wreaths & Wall Hangings|
|Italian Charms & Bracelets & Watches||Yard Art & Garden Décor|
|& many more one of a kind gifts..|
Additional Information about St. John’s Holiday Show of Hands
- This unique Christmas event has become the premier holiday show in the Sacramento Area.
- Originated 32 years ago as a fund raiser for the school.
- Began very small – 20 crafters in the school gym.
- Over the years has expanded to include over 150 vendors.
- Show now occupies 5 buildings and 10 classrooms.
- With the popularity of vintage collections, antiques and collectibles were added to the show ten years ago.
- Our Antique Cottage and our Fashion Pavilion are always +big hits with shoppers.
- New vendors are added to the show each year. This keeps the show fresh and enjoyable.
- Jurying for the show takes place the first Wednesday in March each year. Potential vendors are to bring samples of their work or collections to St. John’s Parish Hall, 5701 Locust Avenue, from 9am – 4pm. Further information: 916-481-8845, ext 216.
- All proceeds benefit St. John the Evangelist School.
- This event is sponsored by St. John’s School parents and staff.
How to become a Vendor at St. John’s Craft Fair
St. John’s Holiday Show of Hands has over 150 crafters. Each year the top 75% of our vendors are invited to return. With approximately 25 spaces available yearly, we are always seeking exciting new crafts for our show.
We invite interested crafters to bring a few samples of their work to be viewed by members of our Craft Fair committee on the first Wednesday in March from 9am to 4pm in our hall. We also ask you to bring a stamped, self-addressed envelope and a snapshot or two of your crafts which we may keep.
The jurying does not take very long. We generally have three tables going…one crafter showing items to the committee, one packing his/her samples, and one unpacking his/her crafts. You do not need to leave your samples. We do not schedule appointments.
Craft Fair vendors pay a space fee and a commission to St. John’s School. Most of our spaces are approximately 8’ x 8’. All vendors are required to have a seller’s permit from the California State Board of Equalization and are responsible for collecting and reporting any applicable sales tax.
In late April applications are mailed to those crafters for whom we have space. Others are informed their information is being placed in a file of vendors to call if another crafter opts not to participate in our next show which will be held the first weekend in December each year.
Though we see many very nice crafts, we are unable to accept everyone who would like to participate. We try very hard to have a variety of crafts and not to have many duplicates. Our selections often depend upon the location of booth openings.
For further information, please call St. John’s School: 916-481-8845, ext 216. Thank you for your interest in our Holiday Show of Hands.